A: The benefits of certification are numerous in addition to being able to put the initials “CCSP” after your name:
- Certification programs act as a means of establishing standards within their given industry. In a sense, certification allows members of the communications security profession to participate in monitoring themselves rather than leaving a void for the regulators, i.e., government agencies, to possibly fill with externally imposed standards.
- Certification testifies that you, the candidate/member, have attained those criteria necessary to achieve the designation – experience, education and association activity.
- Reflects your commitment to continuing education.
- Denotes a level of expertise and achievement.
- Recognition of achievement from your peers and associates.